Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Monday, March 5, 2007

My Seven Wonders



The Seven Wonders of the World

When asked to vote on the seven wonders of the world, a group of highschool students came up with this list: Eqypt's Great Pyramids, the Taj Mahal, the Grand Canyon, the Panama Canal, the Empire State Building, the Great Wall of China, and Niagra Falls.
One girl in the class disagreed. For her, the seven wonders were: to see, to hear, to touch, to taste, to feel, to laugh, and to love.
Sometimes the things we take for granted are truly the greatest wonders.
(Ronda Beaman)

I thought about it and came up with my own list of seven wonders. Here it is: watching the sun's rays as they climb up on the backside of the mountain I see through our kitchen window in the early morning and then watching it burst over the crest of a peak right into my eyes; watching the glorious, unnameable colors of a Cache Valley sunset as it stretches across the horizon as I head towards my cozy home; watching the full moon send it's soft glow down upon snow covered fields and mountains as Dad & Scott and I drive home late at night; listening to the birds chirping as the weather warms and they flit from our big tree to the bushes outside our front windows; listening all alone (so I can turn the volume way up) to a wonderful baritone voice (George Dyer) singing in his fullest voice "How Great Thou Art", and meaning every word of it; hearing Dad and Scott laughing heartily as they tease each other; being caught in a big bear hug by someone whom I love and who loves me right back.
It doesn't get better than that!

Now let me read your lists......I'll be checking your blogspots for them!!


1 comment:

Sisson Family said...

wow mom your good at this blog thing. I like your thoughts. I will work on my lists as soon as a figure out how to do a post again.
Love,
Anna