Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Corn Day






The first sign of fall is always the day we do corn. Today was the day! It was perfect weather for "corning"....70 degrees with cloud cover. Carl, of course, did all the prep work and Scott and I joined in when the first batch was ready to cut. We had a great time! It was really a "family affair" as you can see by the pictures. Scott helped husk and eat the corn; the llamas and Buddy thought they had died and gone to heaven. We got 15 dozen ears of corn and froze 23 bags. What a winter treat they will be!

4 comments:

Lillie said...

Looks like a great day and a great harvest. I love your blog, and hope you don't mind me checking it out once in a while. It sure was great to see Jenny wasn't it? I can tell she has a wonderful family because she is such a kind, fun, and wonderful woman. I can't wait for those twins, then she'll be a great mom too.

Jeanette said...

I can't believe that you got over 15 dozen ears of corn. I hope hope you can get creative as to what make with all that corn. Love you!

Sisson Family said...

Wow that corn looks so good I wish I could have some of that in my freezer! Those pictures make Kelsey and I homesick for grandpa's farm!

Smiths said...

Hey mom! I guess it really didnt work! but i promise that i really did send one! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I am very impressed of your blogging skills! Maybe one day i will figure it out! Love you!!