Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Great Visit!


My mom left this morning after a week long visit. What a wonderful time we had this week, just chatting and doing not much of anything too exciting, except enjoy each other's company! We spent some time on the computer, getting Mom used to getting into her email and writing on her new blog (go check it out at asherhartley.blogspot.com). Linda, my sister, and her friend, John, put together a really nice new computer for her to use and set her up on highspeed internet services. That was such a fantastic thing for her to do, as now my mom can be part of the internet users, quite a feat for an 84-year old woman, right Mom? She was telling me that when she was working at the Corps of Engineers in Walla Walla, they got their first computer. It filled an entire wall, it was so big. She caught onto it so quickly, that, in time, she traveled around training others how to use it! Wow, Mom, I am impressed! It is a bit different now, I am sure, but you can do it!

We had a "girl's day" with Michele & Olivia joining us shopping almost all day on Friday! And then we all had fun on that night when the guys joined us for Carl's delicious barbequed ribs for dinner and a game of Back Alley. It was a great visit. Thanks for coming down, Mom!

3 comments:

symony said...

wow I am impressed 84 and still traveling, and blogging good job! what a fun day/week for you guys

Jeanette said...

I am so glad that you had a good week. I wish I could have gotten in on the game of backalley. I absolutley love the picture of you and grandma. That is one that should be framed!

Smiths said...

Hey mom, it was really fun to have grandma come and visit! I am glad that we were able to have a girls day it was a lot of fun, and remember that grandma and me beat your hiney at backalley!!!