Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hakuna Matata!

My sister, Linda, (lucky girl!) had an opportunity to go see "Lion King," the musical, in Seattle last weekend. She made it sound so exciting that I went online to look at some of the costumes and thought I would share them with you, in case any of you ever have an opportunity to go see it, too. Take a look at some of these wonderful, creative costumes!

If you can see it below, Linda said that they walked on their own legs and carried the body of the animal on their heads. It looks complicated, but pretty amazing!

This photo shows how they use the puppets on stage.


Well, I for one, wish that I had an opportunity to go see it live! Linda goes to quite a few musicals and plays that come to Seattle with their "Fifth Avenue" series they have each year. She also lives not too far from the beautiful Mt. Raineer rain forest and only a few hours from the beach. If it weren't for all of the people, I think I would want to go live there myself. At the least, Linda, we need to go visit you and see your beautiful new home! I'm sure she would welcome visitors this summer....if there are any takers, right, Linda?

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

That is a play I have always wanted to see. It seems very interesting with all the different costumes. Hopefully someday it will come to AK.

Sisson Family said...

Wow I sure wish I could of still been there to see that one. I sure miss being in Washington!!!!!!!!!