Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Alive & Well in Utah!

Jeanette has reminded me that it has been a whole year since my last blog!! I can't believe that time goes past so fast and that so much can happen in a year!

To begin with, next Sunday is Father's Day (again!) and I still honor, admire, and love the father of my children! That's good news! He is amazing and still taking such good care of everyone but himself! He's going to wear himself out soon if he doesn't watch it.

It's been a good year for fathers: we have a new father in the family, and a father-to-be! Hurray, because that means more grandchildren for us! Olivia Mae Smith is now 5 months old and discovering more and more of her world each day! Michele tells me she discovered her toes yesterday and insists on sucking them now! I don't think I could ever do that, and certainly wouldn't want to try it now!

Miracles still happen, and Jenny & Devin are growing twins! It is amazing how the technology today can make such an unbelievable thing happen to some wonderful people! We are so excited for this new development and give total credit to a loving Father in Heaven.

Speaking of grandchildren, we have some glorious girls back in North Carolina who are growing more wonderful each day! We can't wait to give Kelsey Marie a hug when she comes to visit us in July! We just wish that all could come and join her here in Utah. We will continue to be patient and wait for that to happen in April of 2009! What a great day that will be!

Scott continues to delight and amuse us, and stretch our patience with his "silly goose" moments. He loves spring and summer (when it is not snowing like today!) when he can come and go freely outside whenever he wants.

Life is good and the simple pleasures are still the best. We love all of our family and can't wait for a day when we will all be together again!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

It is always to be reminded of those simple pleasures in life! Thanks for the update!