Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lewiston 4th

Okay, you win. I will save my philosophizing for my journal and tell you about our exciting life in Lewiston. The Fourth was going to be a really hot day, but with the cloud cover and the breeze, it turned out fairly tolerable. We went to the longest parade ever in the morning; Scott got a whole bag of candy...brother! MWO came to spend the day with us which made it seem more like a holiday. Went over to see the booths at the city park and ate gyro sandwiches for lunch...yum. Afterwards, we went back home and set up the trampoline and pool and shade cover and spent the afternoon outside. Janice, Crystal & Cameron came for lunch and spent the afternoon with us. It was fun to have some family around. Olivia loves her little swimming pool and splashed around a bit. Scott was too wimpy to get in the pool...icy water! MW & CC went in and cooled off. Carl made some smoothies that tasted great. In the evening Carl went to the horse pull and really enjoyed it even though he was alone. I watched the fireworks from my chair in the house....I just happened to notice them through the open door so i watched Lewiston's and Washington DC's at the same time. That pretty much ended our Fourth for this year. Jenny, since you and Devin are the only ones who ever read this or comment on it, I will be looking for your comment! Thanks for making it worthwhile:)

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Quiet frankly mom I enjoy your philosophies. I always look back at them and marvel and what a smart and intelligent mother I have! Love you!

Connie said...

Thanks, Jen. MUH!

Sisson Family said...

Jenny has encouraged me to check your blog more often so I can be encouraged and learn from your profound wisdom. So don't stop now!