Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful for Thanksgiving

I think it is a good thing to have a holiday that makes you focus on all of the blessings that you have. I've decided that, although food is at the center of the day, it is really family that makes it a special holiday. Family that is far away or as the ones that you are with, without them, it would be an empty day. There is so much to be thankful for in our lives, it is a shame to waste gratitude on just one day of the year! I, for one, am going to add gratitude as one of my daily activities.
Here are a few of the things that made our Thanksgiving day a special one this year:




Scott made this pilgrim hat at school. Every time we looked around, he had it on again! Cute! (Do you like how I got his drool frozen in time?)









I captured this special moment with Scott and his Aunt Kathleen at our Thanksgiving party in Logan. She is singing "I Am a Child of God" to him. He sat enthralled through all 3 verses of it.
Precious moment.



I captured a few of the sights during the day. Janice & Carl carving the main attraction.



















Dad & his brother Alan. They certainly look like Pehrsons, don't they?

Michele, Wayne & Olivia came over in the evening to share in our turkey leftovers! Ended our day in a cozy, happy moment captured in these pictures. Grandpa's feeding Olivia pureeded turkey!














5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Looks like the traditonal Perhrson Thanksgiving. I wish I could have been there. I love Scottie's hat.

symony said...

That is so cute you got lots of cute pictures!

Smiths said...

I love the pictures! That one of dad and livvy is so cute! I am glad that we were able to spend the evening with you!! It looks like we missed out on a fun time!!

Sisson Family said...

I love Scott's hat. So cute. You got some great pictures. Wish we could have been there. Morgan wants to know if you have left over pie?

Connie said...

Tell Morgan that I didn't even make any pie for Thanksgiving! Dad said we could do without, so he had to eat it at the Pehrson gathering!