Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Advice From a Canadian Goose


Some words of wisdom from my favorite bird:

Mate for life and stay monogamous;

Travel whenever you can;
Fly south to warmer weather;
Let the sun, moon, and starts guide you to your destination;
Travel great distances but come back to your roots;

When mean things are said to you, just let it roll off your back;
Endure life’s ups and downs with a positive outlook;
Don’t get your feathers ruffled over the small stuff;

Stretch your wings and fly high;
The sky is the limit for pursuing your dreams;

Work cooperatively together to encourage teamwork and when one member is hurt step up to help relieve the burdens;

Always be proud of who you are;

Take time to lie in the grass by a pond and slow things down in your life.
.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Wow your on a roll Mom! What great advice the geese have.

Sisson Family said...

Mom I think you need to write a book and compile all your different quotes and poems. Jen's right your on a roll! Keep it up I love it!

Smiths said...

You are on a role!!! And Anna is right you def need to write a book with everything!!! Love you!

Connie said...

Thanks, girls, but do you know that I don't write them??? I just find them on the internet. Fooled you, I guess:)