Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Think I Hear the Gulls Coming


My favorite poet, Carol Lynn Pearson, has written a poem that some of you may have felt like in the past few weeks. I know I have had my moments and her poem reminds me that I am not alone in this. I heard the honking of Canadian geese when I went to work this week. It gave me hope that Spring is just around the corner, and the sun will warm the earth again.

Sometimes I just need to be reminded that change is coming and life is still good. Enjoy.

Time for the Gulls
by Carol Lynn Pearson

It’s time, Father,

For the gulls, I think.

My arms shake

From flailing my field.

I sink,

Broken as the little stalks

Beneath their devouring burden.

I yield it all to you,

Who alone can touch all things.

It’s time, Father,

For the gulls.

I will be still,

And listen for their wings.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I check your blog often but this is the first time seeing this post. What a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing it.

Smiths said...

Thanks for sharing!! And yeah, you got around to blogging! i love hearing your insights!

Sisson Family said...

Mom I love you. Thanks for sharing the poem. I'm ready for spring too!