Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Thawing


I saw flies basking on the southside of my car today...
I never thought I would be thrilled to see a fly.
I woke to the sound of thousands...well, hundreds...okay, maybe a dozen Canadian geese honking!
The seagulls are back, waiting for the first plowing.
Our own robins have returned getting ready to build their wooly llama nest.
Scott has been outside a few times, watching his sheep and goats.
I am still wearing my winter coat, but my heart is starting to warm up.
Winter was extraordinarily long this year. It has taken its toll on me.
But, soon....new life will begin. And I will thaw and start to have new life, too.

Ah......Spring!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Send it up this way pleassssssssssse. Winter is still in full gear. Hope you enjoy it for me too. Love you!

Jeanette said...

I am commenting on your poll that you have up. I would like to have a day for each of those... a day for reading, a day for shopping, a day for a walk/hike, a day for spending with family, and a day to be outside. Oh I think you have me excited about spring!

Smiths said...

Wow, it must have been a long winter if mom is excited to see the flies again!!:) Spring is around the corner, i love it!!!