Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Saturday, February 21, 2009

You've Been Tagged!

Michele asked me an interesting question this morning, in preparation for a lesson she was giving to the Young Women. "What brings you joy at this stage of your life?" It made me stop and think about my life, and I found that there were many things that I really enjoyed and that truly bring me joy.

Watching my grown children live lives that reflect the values that I tried to teach them...cherishing the Gospel, letting the Spirit guide their choices, chosing good men to spend eternity with, pursuing an education, reading good books, being nurturing mothers and raising good children, doing good, not juding others.

Nurturing a deeper relationship with my eternal companion, as we are now "empty nesters," well, almost! We actually have loooooong conversations about the things in our life! We love being together and love and respect each other more than ever.

Which brings me to the "almost" in my life. I love being with Scott and taking care of him. You may find that hard to believe, but, in spite of all of the challenges he brings, he keeps heaven very close.

Have I mentioned the joy that my grandchildren bring into my life???? There is nothing like having a grandchild....it is a special and precious relationship and time spent with them, and talking to them is incomparable to anything else in this life.

I love having the time to pursue my interests and hobbies....reading good books, doing stitchery, playing the piano, writing, working on creative projects. Hopefully, there will be more time in the future for all of the above!

And lastly, I love the opportunities that life has given me to enlarge my faith. I learn something new everyday about what it means to put my trust in the Lord and to live a Christ-centered life. My personal motto is to improve in some way every day. I know that I don't always achieve that, but my goal will not change.

Well, now that you have read my list, I "tag" everyone who reads this to make their own list and either post it in a comment here, or post it on your own blog. Good luck! Can't wait to see what brings you joy!

4 comments:

symony said...

My baby girls bring me the greatest joy in the whole wide world!!!! Having good friends and people always behind me also brings me so much happiness!

Sisson Family said...

Mom your very inspiring. Rasing my beatuiful girls brings me joy. Having a wonderful companion who loves me despite all my flaws. Having family who care no matter where in the world we live. And of course the gospelin my life gives me purpose and joy!

Jeanette said...

Thanks mom for giving me the chance to think about all the joys in me life. My sweet baby twins bring me an amazing amount of joy. My husband who supports, encourages and loves. My family who listen and care whenever I need. Nature gives me an opportunity to escape and refresh from the world. I love to be outside and to think about the creations that God brings. This gives me joy. The knowledge of the gospel gives me peace and an amount of joy that is impossible to express.

Smiths said...

Mom I love you! When i asked you this question i was so impressed that you told me this is easy where do i start! I love the love you have for everything whether hard or easy! Why i taught this lesson it made me think of so much and mostly it came to family!! My Husband, my baby girl, and my family each one of them are there for me in everthing and bring me joy. And we couldnt have all of this joy without the gospel and the knowledge that we have!