Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Scott Is Having a Birthday!


It's Scott's turn this week...he turns 29, can you believe it? Twenty-nine years ago we welcomed this beautiful little boy into our family. Little did we know the journey that we started then. It has been the most challenging and the most joyous journey we could have ever imagined. I can't imagine loving anyone more than I do Scott! He is a precious soul with a celestial future.
Would we change anything if we could make a wish? Some things, of course, but we would never have cancelled the journey.
I would wish for...

Less grief . . . . and more enjoyment of the moment.

Less pain for Scott. . . . and more hugs and kisses.

Less doctor visits. . . . and more visits to McDonalds.

Less responsibilities for his sisters. . . . and more family vacations.

Less irritation with his limitations. . . . and more rejoicing over his strengths.

Less focus on his needs alone. . . . and more focus on the family's needs.

Less frustration. . . . and more patience.

Less taking from others. . . . and more giving.

Scott certainly has shaped all of our lives and the lives of anyone who spends time with him. I think I like the shape we are in. How about you?
HELP! Does anyone have any ideas for what to get him for his birthday? We have bought every Sesame video and book there is. We're ready for something different....but WHAT?????


4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love my Scottie! Happy Birthday Big Guy! Since his interests are limited he gets the same old stuff but have you tried play dough for a while or how about a bubble gun?

symony said...

Happy birthday scotty! if he like bubbles we got this really cool bubble maker it makes A MILLON!! We got it at walmart and it has a little handle it was only $10 (it takes 6 batteries!) Have you seen the cool finger paint sets they are magic so they only get on the paper. That is all I can think of.

Sisson Family said...

Happy Birthday my buddy boy. Scottie has defiently shaped my life for the better! I'll think on some new toys. Can't think of any right now!

Benny Boo and Linsey Lou said...

Hey there! I just thought I'd take a peek and see what you were all up to! Happy Birthday Scottie! He is such a blessing to all who meet him. I went private on my blog. I know you liked to peek in once in awhile, too. I would love it if you did! Email me and I'll send you an invitation. :) bjnlinz@gmail.com