Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Memories

The season started with Scott's Christmas Program at BRASC. It is always a special experience seeing the innocence and joy that is present when a group of those precious spirits are gathered together. Here is Scott "singing" Jingle Bells (note bells in hand), and later sitting with Santa. This year they brought in a chair for Scott so he wouldn't break Santa's leg!!















The Pehrson Christmas Party was held the Saturday before Christmas. It really is special to be able to get together with so many family members! It was our year to make the pinata, so we made Harriet the Halibut! Dad spent many hours creating her, and we both helped with the candy bags and the decorating. Biggest one Dad ever caught! Even Olivia took a turn at whacking the Halibut. The meal was simple, soup and cornbread, and Alan's family had the program this year.










































Our home Christmas Celebration started with our Christmas Eve in the "stable." Janice came out to join us which made it a very joyous evening for all.
















We had a small, cozy Christmas season this year. Nice & simple. I missed my other daughters and their families, but so glad that Michele, Wayne, and Olivia could celebrate with us! I know it is true that all hearts come home for Christmas. My heart was certainly a lot of different places this year....in North Carolina & Alaska, as well as my own home in La Grande. Surely missed celebrating with my mom, dad , & sister. But were able to go for a visit the week after Christmas...more about that later.



4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love all the pictures you have posted! Looks like you had a great holiday season. I wish I could have spent it with you. Next year! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Connie, looks like you guys had a great time. I like the halibut! We're really excited to spend next Christmas down there.

Sisson Family said...

You did it! I love your blog mom. Very cute. I love all the pcitures. Just as I remeber! Hope we can join you all next year too!

Smiths said...

Very Cute!!! I love It!!