Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thirty-seven Years and Counting. . .

Thirty-seven years ago, today, January 29th, I made the best decision of my life...I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a beautiful moment, and has only gotten better with time. That decision has shaped all aspects of my life, and I will be forever grateful to my Heavenly Father for leading me to take the "road less traveled." I have never doubted that this Church encompasses all the truths of heaven, and the confirmation of the Holy Ghost testifies of that to me on a daily basis.

This road has led me to my eternal companion; has given me four extraordinary children who are living full, righteous, and godly lives; has given me peace and comfort and faith that those who have gone on before us still live and that we will be with them again; has given me a faith that cannot be shaken. I thank God every day for my life, for the love He gives me and for the love I have for Him. I adore my Savior, Jesus Christ, for He has walked "through the valley of the shadow of death" with me; He takes my burdens on Himself, and He strengthens me to be able to withstand all that life brings to me. I am forever grateful to Him.

My heart is full of peace and joy for the knowledge I have of the Plan of Salvation that will return us all to live with Heavenly Father and His Son. Until then, I will live life to its fullest and enjoy the journey!

I share my favorite poem with you by Robert Frost:
The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I am so grateful for your decision to join the church. Actually the other day Devin said he was so glad that you had the faith to join the church. Without your faith my life would not be possible. So Thank You for your unshakeable faith. I love you!

Smiths said...

Mom I love you! this is such a blessed day, and we are where we are because of your decision! thank you! i love hearing your testimony it strenghtens me!!

Sisson Family said...

Somehow I didn't see this post before. I too am so grateful for your decision to join the church. My life has been so blessed by your example and by being raised in the church. thank you for inspiring me!

JoLynne Lyon said...

Wow, Connie! So glad I came to your blog. I not only admire your writing but your courage in saying what you really feel. I'm glad to know you.