Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Visiting Mom

Carl and I went up to Mom's last weekend to get some "honey-do's" done for her and to see how she was doing. We had a beautiful trip up there as the sun was shining and the sky was blue! We had a great time seeing all that Mom had been doing and helping out with some things while we were there. Mom tried to fatten us up with strawberry shortcake, buttermilk pie, AND a peach cobbler, along with some cookies and pistachios that she had. I only succumbed to the strawberries with angel food cake! We went up to the cemetary and then went to order Dad's monument stone. Glad to get that in before Memorial Day. It was a short visit, but one I hope we can make a lot, now that she is alone. Thanks for watching Scott for us, Wayne & Michele!

Here's my beautiful Mom.


Here is the flag and medal display that we put Dad's flag in.


I was commenting on the wonderful new TV that Linda got Mom and the new stand that it sits on. Then I noticed Mom had put some new decorations on it that are battery operated candles. It looked so nice I was going to take a picture of it. When I looked down at the bottom of the stand, I noticed that Missy, her poodle, had done some decorating of her own. Mom claims that she hadn't put the pink stuffed poodle there...Missy's rug with her animals on it is right in front of the TV stand. Like Mother like poodle, I guess!



It was a great trip. Love you, Mom!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

That is a cute story about Missy and the stuffed animals. Hey did Dad ever find his shoes?

Connie said...

His shoes were on a chair under the table hidden by the tablecloth. Mom is going to bring them down when she comes!

Smiths said...

I am glad you were able to go and visit!! No prob! Anytime you want to go and visit let us know!!!! We love scottie! They had so much fun!!! Yeah, did dad ever find his shoes?