Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Thursday, April 9, 2009

I Think It's Finally Here!

Well, I think Spring is officially here! The signs of Spring in Utah:
1) Snow, rain, snow, rain, rain & snow...day after day.
2) Water logged pastures, BIG water puddles everywhere (at least here in Lewiston), neighbors pumping water out of their basements...and MUD.
3) Seagulls, Canadian Geese, Seagulls, Robins, Meadowlarks...and Seagulls.
4) Flies...just a couple...Thank heavens!
5) Dirty Kirby dog feet, smelly wet fur on Kirby dog, pieces of straw & other outdoor goodies brought in on Carl's shoes...and MUD on the floor.
6) Having an Easter Egg Hunt inside because of rain & snow!
7) A grumpy son (Scott) who is ready to spend his waking hours outside, a grumpy husband who is ready to get started on the garden but can't, and grumpy me, who is ready to see blue skies and sunshine for more than 2 hours in a row.

I am looking forward to what I call Sprummer. Check it out...that moment in time between Spring and Summer, when flowers actually have a chance to start blooming; when the Canadian Geese decide it is time to lay their eggs; when the sun makes it warm enough to go out without a jacket for the whole day; when the garden is ready to plow up for planting; when the breeze doesn't bite your nose off; when you can wash the car and it will stay clean for a few days; and last of all, when I can actually buy some flowers to plant instead of just planning and dreaming about how beautiful my flower beds are going to be.

Here's a picture of what flowers look like, in case you've forgotten:


Hope your Spring, Sprummer, and Summer are coming along faster than ours!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Thanks for the reminder. I almost forgot what flower looked like. As for me in AK we are still in what we call the early stages of break-up (the snow is trying to melt and it is ugly outside) By the time I come back from UT it should be officially spring. So Thanks to Utah will have an early one!

Smiths said...

So i have to say i have never heard of sprummer but i kinda like it!! That is also my favorite time of year!!! well it looks like it will be here soon if it doesnt snow again, just enjoy the warm weather while it lasts!!!!!

Sisson Family said...

WEll I'm glad you see spring in your horizon. You are very clever mom, perhaps we should all adapt your new word. Sprummer!