Quote of the week. . .

To the father of my children...

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~Clarence Budington Kelland~

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Happenings

We had a great Easter weekend! First of all, it was sunny...well, I'm calling it sunny, anyway! That did it right there! Then, we started out with an impromptu Easter egg hunt for Olivia and Scott. We barely got the eggs dyed before Carl was out there hiding them! Carol & Leo had spent the night, so they got in on the egg dyeing part! Thanks, Carol!



I hurried up and made my Easter Bunny vegetable dip (see picture) to take to the Pehrson Easter Party. We held it inside because of the dark rain clouds that had gathered. It is always fun to see what everyone brings to the potluck and to hear updates on everyone's life. Then Alan gave a great Easter home afternoon lesson about the Savior's last days and the resurrection (loved it, Alan).


After that we had yet another Easter Egg Hunt outside. Scott had about had it with looking for those eggs, but Olivia was having a ball!


It was a beautiful day on Easter morning, as it should be. It reminded me of the song I hear on the radio "Sounds of Sunday," that says something like "Was it a morning like this, that our Savior rose from out of the tomb?" I love that song. And I love to remember the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Easter talks at church were wonderful, the music inspiring, and the spirit embracing. Good day!

Easter dinner was the traditional ham, yummy potatoes, fresh green beans, and green salad with strawberry shortcake for dessert. Hmmmm, hmmmm, good! Or, "DEEEEEEEElicious!" as Michele would say!


Spent the rest of the day with MWO and feeding Olivia and Scott Easter candy. We were able to go outside for a while blowing bubbles and rolling eggs down the ramp...a little game Olivia came up with. Good times!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I LOVE that picture of Scottie picking up the eggs. IT is so cute. Your presentation of the veggie dip is cute as well!

Smiths said...

That was a really fun easter! Thanks for all the egg hunts! I think Livvy has that down now!!! Love Ya!